To stop spammer's we ask you to log in or register to view and post on this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

To stop spammer's we ask you to log in or register to view and post on this forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Tournament Winner Aug.2012
AWAY! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:44 pm by sagacious_sue

» Rules, Brackets & Scores 22nd June 2012
AWAY! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:42 pm by sagacious_sue

» NEWS - UPDATE
AWAY! EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 pm by sagacious_sue

» Meet other tournament players here....
AWAY! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 pm by mark_gilby

» NEW TOURNAMENT TO START 22nd JUNE 2012
AWAY! EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 pm by sagacious_sue

» AWAY!
AWAY! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:35 pm by sagacious_sue

» Knockout Tournament Bracket & Scores
AWAY! EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 pm by biddenden_sue

» join me in trying to imrove scrabble!
AWAY! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:40 am by sagacious_sue

» Knockout Tournament RULES
AWAY! EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:11 pm by sagacious_sue

» Tournament Winner!!
AWAY! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:02 am by biddenden_sue

Top posting users this week
No user

AWAY!

3 posters

Go down

AWAY! Empty AWAY!

Post by sagacious_sue Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 am

Hi everyone

As some will be aware I have forfeited some game Sad I feel I had to do this as I am really struggling to take my moves in the allocated time at the moment.

I have always sworn I'd never let the pain get the better of me and I'm still determined it won't but at the moment I'm really suffering not just with the pain but also chronic fatigue grrr.

I know I should count my blessings that I am able (through determination and in some cases having no choice) to pretty much do some things during the day, but then come evening I'm in so much pain and sooo tired I am really struggling to bring myelf to log on the to net and open games. My body is screaming for me to soak in a hot bath then completely relax so help ease the pain.

I have received the splint today for my right wrist, hoping the left one will be ready no latyer than monday. I'm also hoping to have a shoulder brace in a month or so which I'm hoping will reduced at least some of the pain. I was dreading the slpint today but it is actually very cpmfortable and actually feels like it is doing some good so roll on the left one Very Happy

IO'll still be logging in to check emails atc and hopefully before long I'll be fit and well to play scrabble again without worrying abut going over time. When I am, I hope it ewill be ok to set the games for 1 week to give me more time.

Happy Scrabbling and very well done to everyone in the tournament. Congratulations to Rick for taking the trophy Very Happy
sagacious_sue
sagacious_sue
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/SagaciousSue

Back to top Go down

AWAY! Empty Re: AWAY!

Post by biddenden_sue Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Just take it easy, Sue. As you say, lots of hot baths and rest should help this bad time to pass more quickly. We all feel for you. x
biddenden_sue
biddenden_sue

Back to top Go down

Post by evelynfish Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly Sue. Hope you start to feel a better soon. x x
evelynfish
evelynfish

Back to top Go down

Post by sagacious_sue Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Thank you ladies and everyone else who has sent me best wishes via Facebook. xx

I am now the owner of 2 very comfortable wrist splints which I have to wear day and night for 2 weeks then just as night after that, this should help reduce the pain on waking.

The rest comes naturally at the moment, being so fatigued. I have woken 4 times this morning only to fall back asleep after, 1) opened the curtains and went to loo. 2) hobbled down the stairs and fed the cats and let them out (apart from our soldiered Stewie who is still in a splint, we must look a right pair when having cuddles lol) 3) took painkillers and 4th time I have forced myself to stay awake and here I am. Going back to sleep later though, so I promise you Sue, I;ll get plenty of rest. x

It feels kind of strange giving into it, I hate letting it defeat me but at the same time it has been like a relief for me. Like my hubby said, if I had flu then I'd be taking it easy; well seeing as these flare ups are like having the flu (for anyone who has ever had flu, not a terrible cold, but the real thing, then you will probably be able to understand a bit more what fibro flare ups are like. Every little task leaves you aching, in pain and so tired.

Anyway, I have been playing a bit of Hidden Chronicles, doesn't last long before I find myself sliding back down the bed and falling asleep again but it is a start. Oh! and of course bubble safari, damn that game lol and not one I should be playing tut!

Went out for a meal Sunday but wish we hadn't have bothered! The noise was just too much for me, I couldn't believe how people were shouting over the tables to each other, what happened to quiet voices and most certainly when discussing personal family matters! I must be getting old lol

Tiring now so best shut up Embarassed Hahahahaha don't laugh too much but this has taken me forever to write, another symptom of fibro - my words and remembering how to spell gets all jumbled up. So I have to take my time to ensure it all makes sense.

I'm in for the tournament too Very Happy Brilliant job Sue B. xx

Off to add my name now then check my mail.

love you all xx
sagacious_sue
sagacious_sue
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biddenden_sue Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 am

Good to hear from you, Sue. I'm doing my best to keep things ticking over. Sincerely hope you're better before the 22nd because I haven't a clue how to run a tournament! lol

I'm now an administrator of another forum, that I previously moderated, so I'll try not to neglect this place, but right now that's taking up a fair bit of my time. I'll still respond quickly to any messages though.
biddenden_sue
biddenden_sue

Back to top Go down

Post by sagacious_sue Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Good luck with your other forum Very Happy
I don't intend to give in to this darn thing for too long, so yes I'll be around for the tournament Very Happy

I made the brackets yesterday so everything is set up now - just those dreadful rules to do lol but will be very similar to the last ones. x
sagacious_sue
sagacious_sue
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum